Ford Mustang | Mustangs  
Black Menu Tabs
Go Back   Mustangs Insanity > BS Area > Money Pit
Home Register Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read History Pictures/Videos Vendors Ford News

Money Pit
A Place to share pic's and conversations about your ongoing project/s.

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2013   #21 (permalink)
Brewmaster

Friends: (8)

2 Weeks Ago 10:06 PM
Time Spent Online: 1 Week 6 Days 7 Hours 22 Minutes 27 Seconds
My Album's:
Dave R's album
My Garage:
Dave R's Garage

Re: Guess I need to start another project thread

I told you that you'd love riding them. I just picked up a spare front and rear wheel for ours from a local guy that rides Moab and lots of trails. My buddy busted a rear tire in Veedauwoo this weekend and we had to use mine to go back and swap. I'm going to build a cage extension so we can mount one on it.

We got home around 10pm last night with the 57 on the trailer. It's sitting in the driveway on the trailer now. It has a 390/C6 but I'd really like to see a 5.4 under the hood. Pics to come.

Dave
Dave R is offline Submit to Clesto

Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl  
Old 09-12-2013   #22 (permalink)
Brewmaster

My Album's:
Dave R's album
My Garage:
Dave R's Garage

Up to today, I haven't done much else. Kids and work have dominated my time as well as the preparation to start up school again. 3 more courses and I'm done with school forever!!!

I got the entire trunk and back seat "unwired" and it's all on the floor in the back waiting for me to go forward with it. The engine bay is starting to clear out. Air Filter assembly, battery, AC hoses and coolant all gone. I have also put the front end on jack stands and am getting 2 more this weekend to put the rear up and get all the underside disconnected. I really hope to get something serious done to it soon as I need to get rid of the shell so I can clear a place to park for the wife when the snow hits.

Honestly, I just want the engine and tranny out so I can start to test fit it all in the Lane and get the IRS put away for my 57 F100 project. Going to put a modular in that as well as a Crown Vic front end after the Lane is running.

More to come with pics. I swear it. I just know how boring destruction pics are of a car. I like construction and progress pics.

Dave

Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl  
Old 09-14-2013   #23 (permalink)
Brewmaster

My Album's:
Dave R's album
My Garage:
Dave R's Garage

I got a lot done today on the MkVIII. I got the exhaust off, the wiring in the bay all marked and disconnected. I got the steering, shifter, fuel and all other things out that needed to be. THe only thing holding the drivetrain in now is the tranny mount and the engine mounts. I will drain the trans and then lift it all out tomorrow I hope. Just need to find a good spot to hook up the cherry picker.

The interior is shot. I took it all apart to the dash so far and have unbolted it. I'm going to start unplugging it and get it all out tomorrow too I hope. The little red books you see below will help me along in my journey. Just got them today.

Last edited by Dave R; 09-14-2013 at 09:22 PM..

Old 09-15-2013   #24 (permalink)
Brewmaster

My Album's:
Dave R's album
My Garage:
Dave R's Garage

Can you guess what is missing from this next pic?????

That's right! I finally got the drivetrain out of the Lincoln. Had to drop the subframe while I lifted the engine but no biggie. Here sits the Fairlane with her new heart in front of her. I need to get the 8" rear out of her and swap it into the MkVIII so I can have it able to be loaded and unloaded on the flatbed to the junk yard. The IRS has to be put aside for my Galaxie project someday.

I can't wait to fit this package into the Fairlane and frown on the firewall and tunnel work I'll have to do. I really wish I had a newer engine with the side exit throttle body. I'm not waiting and not spending too much on this. I have the rest of the car to deal with. I'll pull parts and get them powder coated and leave it as is. I'll make an intake tube or something myself.

Next step, finish pulling the wiring and then get the IRS out.
I'm freaking sore and tired.
Dave

Old 09-18-2013   #25 (permalink)
Brewmaster

My Album's:
Dave R's album
My Garage:
Dave R's Garage

Finally got all the wiring out of the Mark.

I also got the 8 inch rear out of the Fairlane.

The explorer 8.8 will need chopped 3" but I'm going to pull the IRS out and just for shits and giggles, settle it under the Fairlane to see what it looks like under there. Either way, I don't really want to use those springs again so I need to get a 4 link if not the IRS. Baby steps.......

Dave

Old 09-19-2013   #26 (permalink)
Brewmaster

My Album's:
Dave R's album
My Garage:
Dave R's Garage

I got the IRS out and the 8" in its place. I measured the hub to hub mounting surface on both. The 8" is 57.5" and the IRS is 63.5" . 6" exactly. Not too bad but it would mean I'd have to get new wheels to replace my TTII's.

Now I just need to find a way to hard mount the 8" into the Lincoln so it'll go on the flatbed. After that, it's their problem. It's just sitting in position on blocks right now.

Dave

Old 09-20-2013   #27 (permalink)
130Stang

Friends: (14)

02-17-2014 05:31 PM
Time Spent Online: 3 Weeks 1 Day 3 Hours 56 Minutes 35 Seconds
My Album's:
Loadclr's album
My Garage:
Loadclr's Garage

Send a message via AIM to Loadclr Send a message via Yahoo to Loadclr

Are you doing all this by yourself? You are making good progress.

Body of an old man; Heart of a teenager

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting"..........holy shit.......what a ride!"

I live with Fear everyday, but sometimes she lets me race............Fear Nothing

Improvise, adapt, overcome

Live in the country whose flag you want to fly!

Loadclr is offline Submit to Clesto

Old 09-20-2013   #28 (permalink)
Brewmaster

My Album's:
Dave R's album
My Garage:
Dave R's Garage

Yes. All alone. My back is telling me it's not a good idea but.......Who do I have?

I got the Lincoln out to the driveway and the truck inside. Some people shouldn't work on their cars. I have a bunch to get straight on this truck before I can drive it.

Flowmaster will go on it tomorrow and I have to remount the fuel pump because the lack of a gasket causes it to leak right at the mounting point and I don't like oil stains on my driveway.

Dave

Old 09-24-2013   #29 (permalink)
Brewmaster

My Album's:
Dave R's album
My Garage:
Dave R's Garage

I got some work done on the car today. The Lincoln is gone and I am upset with my 58 F100 so I got busy on the Fairlane on my day off. I got the engine and tranny installed. I have room for the Lincoln fan and radiator and I don't have to cut the trans tunnel or firewall. I do have to notch the crossmember about an inch or two because the pan is close. I will probably make my own pan someday but for now this will do. I tried to mate my R&C mounts to the factory Lincoln ones and realized, I have 2 rubber mounts in each side. I had to readdress that anyways because the steering shaft is completely in the way. I just took the C bracket and the engine plate parts of the Lincoln mount and got rid of the rubber part. The two are bolted together now and I'm working on the R&C mounts back onto the frame. I am contemplating cutting the lower cross bar off the frame and making it bolt on so pulling the engine and trans would be easier. I don't expect to do it too many times but you never know. I'll see when I pull it this time after welding the mounts. As of now, it sits on blocks with 4 plumb bobs lined up from the front radiator support, crank at the front, trans tail shaft and rear bumper centerlines. Engine is level and I just need to get these mounts in and subs done to attach the trans cross member to.

Anyone see any problems yet????

Thanks
Dave

Old 09-27-2013   #30 (permalink)
Gold Member

Friends: (7)

1 Week Ago 10:12 AM
Time Spent Online: 5 Days 5 Hours 40 Minutes 55 Seconds
My Album's:
jpmcclos's album

None...should we?
jpmcclos is offline Submit to Clesto

Mustangs Insanity > BS Area > Money Pit