Mustangs Insanity

Mustangs Insanity (http://www.insanemustangs.com/forums/)
-   Money Pit (http://www.insanemustangs.com/forums/money-pit/)
-   -   Adding to the list.... (http://www.insanemustangs.com/forums/money-pit/15841-adding-list.html)

Intmdtr 09-26-2009 04:12 PM

Adding to the list....

4.10's will finally be installed this week. Just ordered up my King Cobra clutch and sealing a deal to buy some MT ET streets this week as well. Trying to get everything needed for the last race of the year this year mid oct.

I hope to be able to get the car into the low 14's with cool weather. ran 15.0 @ 90 mph with bad clutch, 3.73's, one wheel peel and street tires earlier this year. Ran a 14.83 @ 93mph mid oct last year with old combo (before CAI, and TFS plenum, MGW shifter and wires). car is performing much better this year but is blowing some smoke. the heads are taking a dump i think.....but that too has been fixed with another set of PI heads coming in next week. they will be treated to a full CNC, bronze guides and maybe +1mm valves, if all goes well. don't think the motor will get torn down this winter do too me moving possibly next year. Need to piece together a shortblock rebuild too because i am not sure its the heads causing the smoke or if the bottom end is ready to go.

Either way this car will be beat like a beast in october. going to push it to its limit and see what the girl has in her. Odometer is reading 214,xxx km's on it now. who's to say how much longer it will last. still makes great power and doesn't tick.

Wish me luck and pics to come soon.......can't find my camera.

einehund 09-26-2009 04:36 PM

Re: Adding to the list....

you should definately be able to break into the 13's with the 4.10s and slicks. just by swapping out my 3.27's for 4.10's i dropped .35 in the quarter, and that was still with horrible wheel spin. i'm sure you'll get it.

hotwheels 09-26-2009 05:34 PM

goodluck and one huge "hellz yea".

JJohnson 09-26-2009 05:41 PM

What RPM are you launching at and whats your trap RPM in what gear?, What all mods are done to it, just curious and would like to follow our progress.

Intmdtr 09-26-2009 05:42 PM

p.s. i have a trailer to bring it home on too......

Sweet '83 09-26-2009 06:03 PM

Are you hoping to break something Brian? lol

Intmdtr 09-26-2009 06:30 PM

JJ this is a street car...with the street tires on it i was basically launching from idle. i trap in 4th gear probably around 4500rpm or so, never really monitored it. car has 3.73's in it now. mods to the car are....

JLT RAI
BBK 75mm TB
TFS Plenum
SLP Gutted cat X pipe
SLP LM 1 catback
MGW orange handle shifter
worn out King Cobra clutch
Steeda Clutch adjuster full kit
Nitto 555s tires 275/40/17 (last oct was GY GSD3's)

Soon to be added
New King Cobra Clutch
FRPP 4.10 gears
New Ford racing Traclok
M/T ET Streets 26x11.50x17
going to try launching from around 3k and work up from there as long as the car can hold it. its not a drag car by any means, its a street car that runs consistent 15.0's in the summer and 14.9's in the cooler weather. its a 5 spd car and because i can keep it consistent thats why i like it.

And yes Jared, it just may come home broken....i wanna see what the girl can handle.

silvergt 09-26-2009 06:54 PM

sounds cool man. what your elevation at the track?

Intmdtr 09-26-2009 06:59 PM

to be honest i am not sure what the elevation is....pretty close to sealevel here.

silvergt 09-26-2009 07:03 PM

i think those et streets are gonna do wonders for your et. i wouldn't be surprised to see you drop a full second with all the stuff you are planning. a little tip: get your self a line loc. i have and slp one. it makes it sooooo much easier to get some real heat into the tires!