Ford Mustang | Mustangs  
Black Menu Tabs
Go Back   Mustangs Insanity > Welcome & Help Zone > Introductions
Home Register Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read History Pictures/Videos Vendors Ford News

Introductions
Welcome to insane, why not take a minute and introduce yourself to the members. We have some of the best mustang members in the world.

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2015   #1 (permalink)
Mustang taste,Pinto money

Friends: (1)

09-29-2015 03:29 PM
Time Spent Online: 5 Days 12 Hours 1 Minute 39 Seconds
Hey Guys! its Been Way too long....

Hey All,
Well a lot has happened since I last logged in.
I still have the Pinto but ive long since stopped working on it. Same ol story, got it running, was a blast, then had a small leak to fix( coolant out of the head studs) tore into it to fix it, then I blew back into it to change about 10 different things!. Trans, speedo cluster, brake system, wiring, remote fan cooled trans cooler, an lines, SIGH!!! I got burnt out with to many items and too much time. SO its been sitting for over 3 years,

Well lots has happened since then, kids are growing, and we had to move.
My owner who was renting the condo to us, decided to sell it. It was too expensive for what it was soooo, Lancaster Ca! 5x3 3 car garage newer house, nice neighborhood! For Cheaper than that small 2bed condo! (FU HOA!!!)
During the whole house buying debacle, on a morning like any other , some DICK ASS F, decided to pull over slowly over to the right, nearly stop and then flip a U right in front of me. You know the rest.
9 months later its finally settled, and I get a little cash to total out my Ranger. I decided I HATE driving my truck everyday. SOOOO I decided to get something Cool to drive to work

1996 Mystic Cobra. Texas Car. 3rd owner. Very good condition. Bought from pictures and talking with the guy. Very stressful time period!

Its got some issues that I would totally expect for a near 20yr car, but overall its a VERY nice car that I'm proud to own!

So sorry its been so long winded, but I tried to cram 50lbs of stuff in a 20lb space.

Thanks for reading!
Attached Thumbnails
Hey Guys! its Been Way too long....-cobra-first-day.jpg   Hey Guys! its Been Way too long....-cobra-first-day-2.jpg  
96Mystic #226

Last edited by 71hotrodpinto; 04-12-2015 at 11:34 AM..
71hotrodpinto is offline Submit to Clesto

Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl  
Old 04-14-2015   #2 (permalink)
Car Enthusiast

Twitter ID:
insanemustangs
Friends: (418)

04-28-2018 09:44 AM
Time Spent Online: 4 Weeks 11 Hours 40 Minutes 24 Seconds
My Album's:
hotwheels's album

Re: Hey Guys! its Been Way too long....

It's good to see ya man, and i'm glad the crash didn't mess ya up to badly. That is a beautiful ride you have there. My mustang has been put on the back burner too, i started fillin in all the engine bay holes and found it to be a ton of work and sort of lost interest. Hope to see ya on the site more often.

hotwheels is offline Submit to Clesto

Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl  
Old 04-19-2015   #3 (permalink)
Leader of Men

Friends: (34)

05-14-2017 04:52 AM
Time Spent Online: 2 Weeks 5 Days 22 Hours 16 Minutes 43 Seconds
My Album's:
Intmdtr's album
My Garage:
Intmdtr's Garage

Send a message via MSN to Intmdtr

Welcome back, good to see you emerged unscathed. Sweet Mystic too.

"Without Warning, Without Conscience"

"Live life to the fullest, it's not a dress rehearsal"
Intmdtr is offline Submit to Clesto

Old 05-09-2015   #4 (permalink)
computer killer

Nice looking ride.

The easiest way to meet him is to trespass.
trueblue02 is offline Submit to Clesto

Old 06-12-2015   #5 (permalink)
Mustang taste,Pinto money

Friends: (1)

09-29-2015 03:29 PM
Time Spent Online: 5 Days 12 Hours 1 Minute 39 Seconds

Hey thanks guys,
Its a blast to drive!
Just kinda feel guilty to drive it though. Its almost too nice for a daily.
But ive been in the same ranger since 1998.....

Still trying to get my garage in order so I can put her to bed every night after being so good to me every day!
(40 Miles one way to work!)

I don't know why I didn't do this a long time ago!

I know why, no money and back then they were a lot more expensive!
The car gets looks I saw this bitchen 2014 gt500 on my route to work and we see-sawed for about 3 miles.
He pulled up next to me and mouthed "nice Car" Gave him the thumbs up too.
SICK! its nice to be appreciated LOL!

Also feels good when one morning I blasted a "punk kid" in his brand new Honda civic Si! Twice!
For the record I didn't instigate the first stoplight. but I still caught him up quickly and disassembled his hinges that hold the panels on the side of the car.
Still he wanted to continue the disassembly process.
next light I let him have it. This time I ripped the hood off and possibly broke the seal on his sunroof.

Anyways , back to work guys
hope to hear more replies!
71hotrodpinto is offline Submit to Clesto

Old 06-12-2015   #6 (permalink)
computer killer

Glad to see someone posting in here. I still visit most days to check for any changes. It is good to hear that someone is enjoying a Mustang. Enjoy it a little for me. I just wish I had a Mustang to talk about these days. I am really getting the itch to get a 2015 GT but the oil field is not doing that well these days.
trueblue02 is offline Submit to Clesto

Old 04-04-2018   #7 (permalink)
Crazy

Friends: (0)

04-04-2018 03:15 AM
Time Spent Online: 1 Minute N/A
My Album's:
Burtch's album

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71hotrodpinto View Post
Hey All,
Well a lot has happened since I last logged in.
I still have the Pinto but ive long since stopped working on it. Same ol story, got it running, was a blast, then had a small leak to fix( coolant out of the head studs) tore into it to fix it, then I blew back into it to change about 10 different things!. Trans, speedo cluster, brake system, wiring, remote fan cooled trans cooler, an lines, SIGH!!! I got burnt out with to many items and too much time. SO its been sitting for over 3 years,

Well lots has happened since then, kids are growing, and we had to move.
My owner who was renting the condo to us, decided to sell it. It was too expensive for what it was soooo, Lancaster Ca! 5x3 3 car garage newer house, nice neighborhood! For Cheaper than that small 2bed condo! (FU HOA!!!)
During the whole house buying debacle, on a morning like any other , some DICK ASS F, decided to pull over slowly over to the right, nearly stop and then flip a U right in front of me. You know the rest.
9 months later its finally settled, and I get a little cash to total out my Ranger. I decided I HATE driving my truck everyday. SOOOO I decided to get something Cool to drive to work

1996 Mystic Cobra. Texas Car. 3rd owner. Very good condition. Bought from pictures and talking with the guy. Very stressful time period!

Its got some issues that I would totally expect for a near 20yr car, but overall its a VERY nice car that I'm proud to own!

So sorry its been so long winded, but I tried to cram 50lbs of stuff in a 20lb space.

Thanks for reading!
Gotta love the Mystic Cobra. I've had the same 1996 model for years, up until mid 2000s. I wish I hadn't sold it. Mine was red though, but it looks even better in black.
Burtch is offline Submit to Clesto

Mustangs Insanity > Welcome & Help Zone > Introductions