Ford Mustang | Mustangs  
Black Menu Tabs
Go Back   Mustangs Insanity > Welcome & Help Zone > Introductions
Home Register Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read History Pictures/Videos Vendors Ford News

Introductions
Welcome to insane, why not take a minute and introduce yourself to the members. We have some of the best mustang members in the world.

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2008   #1 (permalink)
Crazy

Friends: (1)

03-27-2010 12:51 PM
Time Spent Online: 1 Hour 25 Minutes 3 Seconds
My Album's:
rrrcustom's album
Long time lurker, first time poster

Hey all, decided to finally post something. I've been reading threads for awhile, but haven't posted anything. I've owned 3 prior Mustangs, a '68 coupe, an '87 GT, and an '89 LX hatch 5.0. I totally rebuilt and modded the '89, spending around $30k in the process. My dad has that Mustang now.

I wandered away from the Mustang world in 2004 when in early '04, I bought an '02 Z28, then traded it in November '04 for an '04 GTO. I owned that car untill May of this year when I was forced to trade it for a new Honda Accord for my wife. I also own an '06 Ford F150, so I drove that until today. I'm not a truck guy, and it's been driving me crazy having only a truck to drive!

In August, I found a wore out '91 LX hatch 5.0 for $1000. It needed a new interior (missing), and some clutch work. Well, after getting it home, I began to realize it needed alot more and I've been accumulating parts for it slowly. I would have simply re-sold it, but the car is a black on black car (the dash and carpet were still in the car). I've read these were fairly rare, so I kind of wanted to keep it. I had resigned myself to a long process of collecting and rebuilding before I could get the car back on the road. So far, I've replaced the interior, and have bought alot of the minor things needed to make the car run right (sensors, plugs some chassis parts.) I figure I have about $3000 left in parts I need to get it back on the road.

Well, yesterday (Monday), I received an email from a nice lady who had a '95 GT I wanted to buy before I bought '91. Apparently, after listing it for sale back in August, she couldn't bring herself to sell it (she was the original owner.) She stopped emailing me. Monday, she decided she could sell it, and I jumped at the chance. I went to look at it and it's a complete, original, unmolested, laser red 5 speed. No dings or damage whatsoever, except all the plastic body pieces have faded (wing, bumpers, rocker moldings, tailights), and the roof. Otherwise, it's in excellent condition. It does have 173K miles, but she says she babied it, which I believe. It still has the original clutch which works like new, and everything in the engine compartment is original, except the alternator.

I've looked at numerous Mustangs in the last 3 months, and I sooooo wish she would have sold this car to me originally. All the cars I've looked at have been overpriced, or too modified, or both. I didn't want to pay for someone else's poorly done modifications. I don't necessarily mind paying more for an original car, but none were out there. I lucked out with this car. It only cost me $2500, and it is in good shape. I know, an original car with 173K miles is just asking for trouble. I'm sure everything is going to need replacing, I just hope the repairs will space themselves out. My wife followed me home, and she said it would spit out black smoke when I got on it. Her descriptions aren't always the best, but I'm hoping it does just need a good tuneup. If not, a budget shortblock will find it's way under the hood soon. My only complaint is, I spent good money on an entirely new exhaust on the '91, which I haven't installed yet (BBK unequal lengths, Magnaflow X pipe with cats, and a Magnaflow cat back). I could have the exhaust for the '95 instead.

Now my question. I'm not rich, but I do think it would be cool to have a black/black hatch. Are they special, or should I just sell it? I originally wanted a '94-'95 because I wanted the modern ammenities these cars had over the earlier cars, so I'm not selling the '95. Should I hang on to the car in the hopes I can one day fix it up, or sell it and concentrate on the '95?
rrrcustom is offline Submit to Clesto

Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl  
Old 10-21-2008   #2 (permalink)
Leader of Men

Friends: (34)

2 Weeks Ago 08:31 PM
Time Spent Online: 2 Weeks 5 Days 22 Hours 36 Minutes 37 Seconds
My Album's:
Intmdtr's album
My Garage:
Intmdtr's Garage

Send a message via MSN to Intmdtr
Re: Long time lurker, first time poster

i would keep them both and just spend your little at a time on them. the black on blacks are becoming harder to find.

"Without Warning, Without Conscience"

"Live life to the fullest, it's not a dress rehearsal"
Intmdtr is offline Submit to Clesto

Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl  
Old 10-21-2008   #3 (permalink)
QWKPONY

Friends: (14)

01-09-2014 10:54 PM
Time Spent Online: 2 Days 9 Hours 16 Minutes 45 Seconds
My Album's:
fitz101's album
My Garage:
fitz101's Garage

Send a message via AIM to fitz101

yeah, i would just keep both. and work on them slowly. if you want, just drive the 95 till the motor pukes(if it does), and keep working on the notch. if your lucky you will have the notch done when the 95 pukes. then work on the 95 and drive around a badass notch... just my .02cents...
1976 Honda CB550 (of course it has awesome engine work )
2005 Focus ZX4 ST (KIA Rod through block!)
apple juice $1.39
new shoes $50.00
electricity bill $146.00
Fitz101 deepthroating you in the parking lot of wal-mart ......PRICELESS

Gayer then Einehund
But not as gay as Intmdtr
Which in that case is also gayer then JIB
fitz101 is offline Submit to Clesto

Old 10-21-2008   #4 (permalink)
Finally Back Home!!

Friends: (11)

06-21-2013 04:05 PM
Time Spent Online: 1 Week 2 Days 22 Hours 47 Minutes 45 Seconds
My Album's:
einehund's album

i'm gonna go with fitz. use the 95 as a DD, and work on the notch. when the notch is done (hahahaha...never will be) start on the 95. does the 95 have the 5.0 or the 4.6, i forgot which... oh and WELCOME TO THE CRAZINESS!!

2002 Mustang GT sold
2010 GT500!!
einehund is offline Submit to Clesto

Old 10-21-2008   #5 (permalink)
QWKPONY

Friends: (14)

01-09-2014 10:54 PM
Time Spent Online: 2 Days 9 Hours 16 Minutes 45 Seconds
My Album's:
fitz101's album
My Garage:
fitz101's Garage

Send a message via AIM to fitz101

the 95 should have the 5.0 in it
fitz101 is offline Submit to Clesto

Old 10-21-2008   #6 (permalink)
Secret Squirrel

Friends: (3)

05-23-2012 07:53 AM
Time Spent Online: 14 Hours 38 Minutes 57 Seconds
My Album's:
VKGT's album
My Garage:
VKGT's Garage

Welcome to the site! Let's see some pics of the ride(s)!

AD USAF
VKGT is offline Submit to Clesto

Old 10-21-2008   #7 (permalink)
computer killer

It has a 5.0 and if I read correctly it is a hatch. Welcome to the insanity and I would keep both. It will not cost you anything to keep it if you just want to work on the 95 for now. Good luck with whatever you decide.

The easiest way to meet him is to trespass.
trueblue02 is offline Submit to Clesto

Old 10-21-2008   #8 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Friends: (53)

09-25-2013 07:26 PM
Time Spent Online: 2 Weeks 1 Day 22 Hours 22 Minutes 29 Seconds
My Album's:
already7's album

Send a message via Yahoo to already7

Sounds like a good deal man! Good luck on whatever decision you make about keeping the Fox body. later, Allen....
already7 is offline Submit to Clesto

Old 10-22-2008   #9 (permalink)
Raptor 6.2

Friends: (25)

12-07-2013 03:00 PM
Time Spent Online: 1 Week 2 Days 12 Hours 48 Minutes 27 Seconds
My Album's:
bobbys97R's album

WELCOME!!!! Id sell the Fox and work on the SN95 there alot sexier car if you ask me. Im a little bias though

Old 10-22-2008   #10 (permalink)
Welcoming Moderator

Friends: (18)

04-21-2015 06:48 PM
Time Spent Online: 2 Weeks 2 Days 6 Hours 4 Minutes 6 Seconds

Send a message via Yahoo to poneyexpress

Welcome to the Insanity . Good luck with the both of them, because i would keep them both . You can never have too many, hell look at Hotwheels colection.
Tork Tech Intercooled Supercharger Kit ,MOROSO blowby catch can , Fluidyne 2 core radiator, BBK longtube headers W/matching H-pipe, Magnaflow cat back, SCT tunner, MGW shifter,13" Cobra brake up-grade kit, FRPP 3.73 gears, Trick Flow diff cover,SPEC stage 2 clutch , FRPP aluminum drive shaft ,MM castercamber plates , H&R race springs, Bilstein struts and shocks , Maximum Motorsports full length subframe connectors , UPR Pro Street adjustable upper and lower control arms .
poneyexpress is offline Submit to Clesto

Mustangs Insanity > Welcome & Help Zone > Introductions