Ford Mustang | Mustangs  
Black Menu Tabs
Go Back   Mustangs Insanity > Welcome & Help Zone > Introductions
Home Register Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read History Pictures/Videos Vendors Ford News

Introductions
Welcome to insane, why not take a minute and introduce yourself to the members. We have some of the best mustang members in the world.

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2006   #31 (permalink)
Gold Member

Friends: (3)

10-01-2013 10:29 AM
Time Spent Online: 1 Day 3 Hours 14 Minutes 7 Seconds
My Album's:
WyoCobra's album

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCVI Opal Frost View Post
No you are correct. It is $$$$....but he can sell his parts and come out on top. ESPECIALLY if he sold his whole combo and started with a low mileage Mach 1 or Aviator motor. Those can be had for $2300 shipped intake to oilpan. And he does every bit of his work so labor is not a factor.

I have done every bit of my work on my cars except I "helped" with the headers because Bret pretty much did it for nothing and he put my gears in. Josh me and Cory installed my NX kit...I did some labor and they took care of the electric part of it...I hate electronics, I apologize. You saw my car getting worked on maybe 1 time....when we were installing the nitrous..LOL I was there everytime my car was and the only time I remember seeing you was when I got my bottle filled.

The firewall adjuster..LOL I'll admit, that was a funny moment! I guess thats what happens when you buy a "mustangtuning" brand piece that comes with incorrect instructions..lol I figured it was some new creative idea they had...hey it worked! The pedal was kinda stiff though!

I have done more then enough work on mustangs....sorry I did not own a shop when I was stationed there!!! We can't all live like you!

Look I am not arguing....the fact is 400rwhp is a very realistic goal. Go put together a flat topped 4V with fr500 heads, cams, LT's, tune, and an aviator intake...if it doesnt make 400rwhp through a 5spd...I'll pay for it. I do not own one, but I live in a state where there are 4V's at every light...half of them built with welds. I see a lot, and know some people with similiar set-ups.

Talk all the shit you want and get offended all you want, when your car runs for longer then a season after you build it....then flame me.
First off, I didn't 'build' my motor. A shitty machine shop put the bottom end together and some of the top end. It was their work that failed, not mine. In fact, I pulled that motor out 4 times to fix shit they fucked up (I can go into detail if you would like).

Secondly, I don't know what you think he can get for his used stuff, but it's not worth what it was new. He'd be really lucky to even get half of what he paid. Did you forget that he has to buy 32 valves, 32 valve springs, 32 sets of retainers, 4 cams, gaskets, head studs, machine work, etc, etc? You're talking about higher compression, longer stroke, larger bore, not-stock-headed engines. What would the $2300 engine get him? A block and intake? I think your bench racing math is flawed. It's easy to say something isn't going to cost much, but harder to actually start spending the money and finding all the things you forgot to add in to the bottom line.

And third, what the fuck do you mean by this: "....sorry I did not own a shop when I was stationed there!!! We can't all live like you!" I never owned any shop, I simply worked there (for $8 an hour). And even if I did own it, what the fuck would it matter? Why do you think I'm so priveleged? I know a lot of people around this town talk shit about me and see what my brother pulls, but I'm not him. I've worked hard for a lot of years to get where I'm at and will do so for many more years. I'm in debt to the point that I can hardly pay it, but I get by. If you're poor, I'm sorry, but that's not my problem. Cry to someone else about it.

I didn't talk any shit. You started that. I was just stating what I knew. I know Brett and his crew did a lot of work on your car and the only time I ever heard you talk about doing anything was your little clutch cable ordeal. But that's beside the point. I could care less how much you've done. I can remember you coming to me with questions because all you did was read shit on the internet and you wanted real advice. Now that you live 2000 miles away and are back on the internet, all of a sudden you're a genious and I'm a fuckin moron. Gotta love it.

Last edited by WyoCobra; 10-10-2006 at 09:22 PM..
WyoCobra is offline Submit to Clesto

Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl  
Old 10-10-2006   #32 (permalink)
Gold Member

My Album's:
WyoCobra's album

Shit. Double post.

Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl  
Old 10-10-2006   #33 (permalink)
Secret Squirrel

05-23-2012 06:53 AM
Time Spent Online: 14 Hours 38 Minutes 57 Seconds
My Album's:
VKGT's album
My Garage:
VKGT's Garage

Welcome to the site!

AD USAF
VKGT is offline Submit to Clesto

Old 10-10-2006   #34 (permalink)
Pimp $hit yo!

Friends: (2)

10-12-2011 10:53 PM
Time Spent Online: 1 Day 7 Hours 24 Minutes 30 Seconds
My Album's:
NeverEnuff's album

She will be home tomorrow night sometime...but don't worry about it...I don't ever get any anyway...see ya.

Oh and I get my H-pipe on Thursday...with any luck, tomorrow

OH and I got an alignment done on the Hatch... you should buy it...it drives nice, except it needs a new steering shaft...there is too much play in the on that is on there.

Old 10-11-2006   #35 (permalink)
Perf. Driven, Race Proven

Friends: (12)

12-28-2011 07:34 PM
Time Spent Online: 3 Days 6 Hours 10 Minutes 49 Seconds
Send a message via MSN to ModularSpeed
had to do some stupid shit today....ill be over tomorrow for shizzle...

got an alignment huh? sweet i get to test drive it ay?

So did you want my cat? I mean cats? lol Just buy the midpipe for me and you can have it! Then you can use the cats and put pipe where the cats are and sell the xpipe for prolly $50....lemme know mang!

Old 10-11-2006   #36 (permalink)

Adam, re-read the posts. I am sorry you get so offended by me saying I graduated kindergarten..lol

You are right about Brett doing everything to my car...i even drove 2,000 miles to him to have him install my rear end,my suspension, my supercharger, another nitrous kit, my headers 3 different times, my subframes, hell....everything!! I didnt do it in a driveway, I drove across the country. I even had him dyno tune it with his chipmaster revolution software program and his dyno!!!!

You are a freaking idiot.....sorry but you are. I asked you what...?

I asked you who you had tune your fucking car one night.....you said some dude online sent you tunes and after you bought the Predator that he would update the tunes for free ....BLAH BLAH BLAH....Don't try and make me sound like an idiot you fucking jackass. I then asked you why you didnt have it dyno tuned and you said "this guy tunes cobras all the time" At that time I was looking into the whole tuning situation due to me buying a nitrous kit...I never have and never will ask you advice about my car/cars..So get your fucking story right before you go saying I asked you for advice.

Also, I KNOW YOU HAD A SHITTY JOB DONE on your car.....I know it didnt last....i know after YOU fixed it...IT DIDNT LAST....holy shit...I SAID "once your car last longer then A season after YOU build it, flame me"

I meant exactly what I said....don't refer to that as me saying you built your car and it went boom. Just build it, race for longer then a few passes....and THEN talk shit to me. That's all.

A ready to go F1 kit is not $3,999 brand new.....don't know the last time you checked on an F1...but it is quite a bit more then that. He can get $4,000 for his kit...plain and simple. He already has someone lined up to buy it....to buy a FR500 heads and cam package that come with all the BS you just spouted out...is $3,000....3000+2300=5300.....then he has 4V heads/cams he can easily sell. Flat tops are $600 and his machine work wouldnt hardly cost him a dime. Throw in $1,000 for tune and miscallaneous shit and there you go. I have stated "he already has a few parts already" Quit telling me I am wrong about something you have no clue about. He has already said he would have it covered then some....he has built a few cars in his time and has plenty of hook ups....and knows what he can get for his stuff...he isnt an idiot. So quote his thread and tell him he is wrong.

So did your father have anything to do with Outlaw? Anything at all? I was under the impression he did, correct me if i am wrong.

I am truly sorry you are in over your head in debt. It sucks...I was there when I was 18. . I bought my first car (95 Cobra) when I was 17 and installed a H/C/I package on it. And yes i did all the work to it, but I did have Dallas Mustang tune it...So yeah, I was in debt for a while..lol And no i am not poor, very far from it. BUT I do happen to be very smart with my money.

That's all i have to say, say what you want....but don't say shit that is so far stretched that it could reach the fuckin moon. I did ask advice from you about custom tuning...my bad...Cheyenne happens to have SO many dyno shops that deal with modulars and so many fast modulars.....hell maybe i should have asked them.

And maybe if this go around doesnt work for you youll stick to pushrod cars OR take MY advice and have a reputable modular performance shop do your work.....I'm out.
ModularSpeed is offline Submit to Clesto

Old 10-11-2006   #37 (permalink)

I know you are going to reply with the same ole stuff...Bret worked on my car so much (headers,gears,NX,pulleys)

And you will prolly say "those parts are way more then what you are saying"

And "you did ask me for advice" (even though you had a 4V supercharged and I had a 2V with spray)

And "I have worked hard my whole life and I have raced in every category in the world bla blah blah"

And "i've had so many cars that I assisted with the builds"

So let the shit talking commence...I'll be on to read what you have to say tomorrow evening!

One thing you can't say is "I am taking my car to the track this weekend".....I can, and prolly will. And I am also taking a roadtrip this weekend in the car, while getting 25mpg. Wanna go in your car? You have a lot under your belt Adam, and have a fast car/cars....but at this point and time all of that is irrelevant is it not? Post some times up when you get it running......
ModularSpeed is offline Submit to Clesto

Old 10-12-2006   #38 (permalink)
Gold Member

My Album's:
WyoCobra's album

I could pick your post apart and we could go on and on for the next 15 pages. I don't feel like wasting any more of your, my, or anyone elses' time on trivial bullshit. I'll just leave it at this: Nothing I will say is going to make you think differently, and nothing you say is going to make me think differently. I believe we can both agree that we know a fair amount, and we both have a lot to learn. And when it comes to personal shit, neither of us probably know nearly as much as we think we do about each other. Unfortunately Cheyenne is retarded and rumors (ie: lies) get spread about everybody. I don't think there's anyone in this town that knows anything about me besides what they hear from their friend's friend of a friend of a cousin of an uncle's grandmother. My wife being the only exception.

That being said, I still think it's funny how you act now that you are 2000 miles away. I used to get along with you as well as anybody and I remember many occasions where you stuck up for me and I stuck up for you. Now it seems like you're out to call bullshit on everything I say (and bash on me personally when you know shit about me). Some of it may be taken out of context because we're on the internet, but some of the things you have said you would never say if you were standing here talking to me face-to-face.

But, whatever. I could honestly give two fucks what you think about me. The people that matter know me for who I am. That's the main reason I don't post one tenth as often as I used to in forums like these. Everyone automatically becomes a fucking retard in everyone else's eyes.

Last edited by WyoCobra; 10-12-2006 at 12:27 AM..

Old 10-12-2006   #39 (permalink)
Gold Member

My Album's:
WyoCobra's album

And don't bother posting more crap in this thread. I won't read it. If you really need to know the facts about my car (and what happened), my personal financial situation, and my families' history - you can PM me. All I will say here is that what you think you know about me is wrong.

Oh yeah... and welcome NeverEnuff. LOL

Old 10-12-2006   #40 (permalink)
Crazy Adminz Guy

Friends: (47)

02-18-2012 06:50 AM
Time Spent Online: 5 Days 1 Hour 55 Minutes 7 Seconds
My Album's:
SpdBoss's album
My Garage:
SpdBoss's Garage

Send a message via AIM to SpdBoss Send a message via MSN to SpdBoss Send a message via Yahoo to SpdBoss
ok guys, take this to the Rant Room if you wish to continue, this is a welcome thread and this has got to stop here. take it up with each other in the PM's or in the correct thread room. everyone has there opinions and what they think but take it to the appropriate place to do it.

Mustangs Insanity > Welcome & Help Zone > Introductions