Ford Mustang | Mustangs  
Black Menu Tabs
Go Back   Mustangs Insanity > Welcome & Help Zone > Introductions
Home Register Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read History Pictures/Videos Vendors Ford News

Introductions
Welcome to insane, why not take a minute and introduce yourself to the members. We have some of the best mustang members in the world.

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2006   #21 (permalink)
Pimp $hit yo!

Friends: (2)

10-12-2011 10:53 PM
Time Spent Online: 1 Day 7 Hours 24 Minutes 30 Seconds
My Album's:
NeverEnuff's album

Nope...fuck that hood. Unless a better intake comes out...2V it is...maybe down the road, buy some 03/04 heads and a Mach intake with some Comp super grinds and run a F1 4V....hahahaha...now Im talking...

Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl  
Old 10-10-2006   #22 (permalink)
Gold Member

Friends: (3)

10-01-2013 10:29 AM
Time Spent Online: 1 Day 3 Hours 14 Minutes 7 Seconds
My Album's:
WyoCobra's album

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCVI Opal Frost View Post
I think the 4V would be interesting!

Adam, I know you will say "I have a 4V so I know" BUT, 400RWHP is VERY easy in a 32V dohc motor. n/a. Might take a little more money then just bolt-ons but it is easy. Mach 1's are pulling 320+ with Longtubes/bolt-ons/tune. A big bore 4V with FR500 heads/cams and a nice intake will make well over 400rwhp. I witnessed my good friend make 305RWHP on a Mach 1 with JUST K&N, midpipe, catback. I sold him a 302 stroker with flat tops and he made 348RWHP on a mild tune. Stock manifolds.

If it were me I would probably keep the F1/2V set-up, but in your case Matt, just go with the 4V....Cams,bolt-ons,Aviator intake with a 4inch cowl...hehehehe.
348 is not 400. And that's with a higher compression stroker motor. I wouldn't call that "VERY easy". I call that a lot of work and $$$.
WyoCobra is offline Submit to Clesto

Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl  
Old 10-10-2006   #23 (permalink)
Pimp $hit yo!

My Album's:
NeverEnuff's album

I agree with jinx...I spent a lot of money on my 2V and only got 50RWHP...looks like I would have to spend that same amount of money on a 4V and NOT reach my goals...looks like I will just pay off the bills, and put 99/01 heads and intake on my car and get EASIER power than what I have now.
NeverEnuff is offline Submit to Clesto

Old 10-10-2006   #24 (permalink)
Perf. Driven, Race Proven

Friends: (12)

12-28-2011 07:34 PM
Time Spent Online: 3 Days 6 Hours 10 Minutes 49 Seconds
Send a message via MSN to ModularSpeed
348 was referring to how much power just a shortblock,catback & K&N can make on a 4V...just imagine LT's, short runner intake, camshafts, headwork.....and on and on.

I did graduate kindergarten, so i know 348 is not equal to 400..lol

Ok here ya go, 4V BB with fr500 h/c/i = 459 rwhp....yeah i know it is not 400...it is 59 more.

I am sorry if you do not think swapping a shortblock is easy...and I see why. But believe it or not....it is simple. And yes it is a lot of money....what about a head, cammed, built 2V with an F1....is that cheap? If he sells his parts he could make out like a bandit. Sure from scratch it is $$$$, but he has some parts already and will make a lot of coin if he sells his set-up..even if he bought a big bore with boss330 heads.

Old 10-10-2006   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverEnuff View Post
I agree with jinx...I spent a lot of money on my 2V and only got 50RWHP...looks like I would have to spend that same amount of money on a 4V and NOT reach my goals...looks like I will just pay off the bills, and put 99/01 heads and intake on my car and get EASIER power than what I have now.
Damn Mr. Obvious....lol you knew that at the start and still pondered it for days on end. lol you crack me up.

You know you can hit 400rwhp and have money left over....and that is what you wanted. Now you don't. Just stick with the wicked 2V set-up and actually make some boost!! 700RW???
ModularSpeed is offline Submit to Clesto

Old 10-10-2006   #26 (permalink)
Gold Member

Friends: (3)

10-01-2013 10:29 AM
Time Spent Online: 1 Day 3 Hours 14 Minutes 7 Seconds
My Album's:
WyoCobra's album

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCVI Opal Frost View Post
348 was referring to how much power just a shortblock,catback & K&N can make on a 4V...just imagine LT's, short runner intake, camshafts, headwork.....and on and on.

I did graduate kindergarten, so i know 348 is not equal to 400..lol

Ok here ya go, 4V BB with fr500 h/c/i = 459 rwhp....yeah i know it is not 400...it is 59 more.

I am sorry if you do not think swapping a shortblock is easy...and I see why. But believe it or not....it is simple. And yes it is a lot of money....what about a head, cammed, built 2V with an F1....is that cheap? If he sells his parts he could make out like a bandit. Sure from scratch it is $$$$, but he has some parts already and will make a lot of coin if he sells his set-up..even if he bought a big bore with boss330 heads.
You'd argue with me about the sky being blue, wouldn't you? I'm sorry, but to make 400+ rwhp out of a N/A 4 valve it would take a LOT of money. He would not be 'making out like a bandit'. I would truly be surprised if he even came close to breaking even.

And don't talk to me like I'm a fucking retard. I've had the motor in my Cobra out and apart in under an hour (down to the shortblock). The only person I ever saw work on your car when you lived here was Brett and the guys at his shop. If I remember, you screwed up a clutch cable install and took forever to do it. I was working at a speed shop and wrenching on cars years before you probably even thought about owning a Mustang.

I don't pretend to know it all, but I know enough. And I know how expensive stuff is for these motors. I'm going through building one for the second time now. I never said 400 rwhp wasn't possible, but it would take a lot and I really don't think it would be worth it for him. I stated my opinion in an attempt to help him make an educated decision, but I guess I'm just stupid for trying to help.
WyoCobra is offline Submit to Clesto

Old 10-10-2006   #27 (permalink)

No you are correct. It is $$$$....but he can sell his parts and come out on top. ESPECIALLY if he sold his whole combo and started with a low mileage Mach 1 or Aviator motor. Those can be had for $2300 shipped intake to oilpan. And he does every bit of his work so labor is not a factor.

I have done every bit of my work on my cars except I "helped" with the headers because Bret pretty much did it for nothing and he put my gears in. Josh me and Cory installed my NX kit...I did some labor and they took care of the electric part of it...I hate electronics, I apologize. You saw my car getting worked on maybe 1 time....when we were installing the nitrous..LOL I was there everytime my car was and the only time I remember seeing you was when I got my bottle filled.

The firewall adjuster..LOL I'll admit, that was a funny moment! I guess thats what happens when you buy a "mustangtuning" brand piece that comes with incorrect instructions..lol I figured it was some new creative idea they had...hey it worked! The pedal was kinda stiff though!

I have done more then enough work on mustangs....sorry I did not own a shop when I was stationed there!!! We can't all live like you!

Look I am not arguing....the fact is 400rwhp is a very realistic goal. Go put together a flat topped 4V with fr500 heads, cams, LT's, tune, and an aviator intake...if it doesnt make 400rwhp through a 5spd...I'll pay for it. I do not own one, but I live in a state where there are 4V's at every light...half of them built with welds. I see a lot, and know some people with similiar set-ups.

Talk all the shit you want and get offended all you want, when your car runs for longer then a season after you build it....then flame me.

Old 10-10-2006   #28 (permalink)
Pimp $hit yo!

My Album's:
NeverEnuff's album

Holy shit guys...damn...

I will agree with both...400RWHP is do-able...but I don't want a Sullivan on my street car, and with a stock intake...its not gonna happen, and I don't want to do a aviator. With that out of the way, I can make out like a bandit...I have all the figures worked up and with selling all my 2V stuff and building my own 4V I could come out, well lets just say quite well...

Bottom line is I am drinking Kellys beer right now as I type this...thanks MAng...hahahaha bitch.
NeverEnuff is offline Submit to Clesto

Old 10-10-2006   #29 (permalink)

you fucktard!!! "I hate beer that tastes like beer" LOL What the fuck was that all about...now you go and drink my shit!!! Oh...you paid for pizza...I guess it is okay.

Yeah, sucks you cant do it with a cobra intake...or mach 1. Since they cause power to fall off around 6200-6500 then the 400rwhp would take some magic. Then the sullivan..lol bottom-midrange power anybody? Sucks the only median is the avaiator...and it doesnt even freakin fit with stock or R hood.

I knew you could make out like a bandit because I know the whole situation and know what parts you have to sell. I can see where Adam is coming from about $$$$...but i dont think he is realizing that you can get $4,000 for your blower alone.

Old 10-10-2006   #30 (permalink)

hey fugger, i gotta get some shut-eye...block test tomorrow..lol Can't pull a "my mouth hurts from my wisdom teeth" hahahahaha that was f'ing hilarious!!!

Ima stop by tomorrow if it's ok. Is the wifey back yet? If she is coming home tomorrow then just lemme know, I don't wanna interupt anything.

Mustangs Insanity > Welcome & Help Zone > Introductions