Ford Mustang | Mustangs  
Black Menu Tabs
Go Back   Mustangs Insanity > Ford Motor Company News > Ford Racing News
Home Register Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read History Pictures/Videos Vendors Ford News

Ford Racing News NHRA, IHRA,FFW, NMRA, and WFC

Comment

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Article Tools Display Modes
John Force reflects on reality show Driving Force

Published by hotwheels
06-09-2009

Driving Force. That was a lot of fun to do with my family. The producers always wanted to film us together. It was interesting to do and we all got to know the camera crew really well ,which made us more comfortable in front of them.

I liked being able to show what I was doing at the race track to some of my friends who had no idea about drag racing. When the Driving Force film crew followed me to school that was a whole other deal getting into my personal life and that was a little hectic. It was still a lot of fun.

We put it on hold after Eric Medlen's crash. We wanted to really focus on safety and not have a lot of distractions. Driving Force was great at educating new fans and telling our story but after we lost Eric we really wanted to just make the race cars safer and race them. The Eric Medlen Project and John Medlen have done so much good stuff. They saved my dad's life with the changes they made and we are all so thankful but we know there is more to be done.

If we got offered the opportunity to do a show again, it would be fun to show the audience everything that has changed with my family and in the world of racing. When I was in high school, my life was about going out with my friends. I still like to go out with my friends but I am also focused on getting my degree and really building my racing career. It is not all about fun and games anymore. I know I have to keep my head on straight and figure out what I want to do in life.

If we had the TV show back I think it would be good to show the other side of us girls and how much we have grown up and how serious we are about driving. We were serious when we were doing the show but now I think we have a much better perspective. I think viewers would really enjoy seeing that.
Article Tools

Attached Thumbnails
John Force reflects on reality show Driving Force-drivingforce.jpg  
already7 on 06-09-2009
Re: John Force reflects on reality show Driving Force

I can only imagine putting your daughter or son in a car with soooo much power that it seems like the Earth could turn under it...
Comment

Mustangs Insanity > Ford Motor Company News > Ford Racing News