Ford Mustang | Mustangs  
Black Menu Tabs
Go Back   Mustangs Insanity > Ford Motor Company News > Ford News
Home Register Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read History Pictures/Videos Vendors Ford News

Ford News Ford new's from around the Country

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2009   #1 (permalink)
Car Enthusiast

Twitter ID:
insanemustangs
Friends: (418)

12-09-2021 11:49 PM
Time Spent Online: 4 Weeks 12 Hours 1 Minute 31 Seconds
My Album's:
hotwheels's album

Thanks to you u.s. Congress rejects “cash for clunkers” program

In recent weeks, thousands of SEMA members and SEMA Action Network (SAN) enthusiasts responded to a call for action urging lawmakers to reject a Cash for Clunkers program as part of the economic stimulus being drafted in Congress. Your efforts were successful. Both the House and Senate versions of the bill are “clunker-free.” Congratulations!

Two proposals were put forth and then withdrawn during the Congressional debate. The first was a $8 billion program targeting SUVs and pickup trucks of any year that make less than 18 mpg such as Chevy Silverados, Dodge Rams, Ford F-Series and Jeep Wranglers. The second would have provided $16 billion worth of cash vouchers to individuals making less than $50,000 a year ($75,000 for families) who allowed their turned-in cars to be destroyed. A Cash for Clunker proposal may reemerge later this year. SEMA will remain vigilant in educating legislators on the need to oppose programs that do not spur car sales, reduce emissions or raise fuel economy.

The Senate economic stimulus bill includes a SEMA-supported amendment allowing taxpayers to claim a tax deduction for car-loan interest payments and excise taxes when they buy a new car in 2009. If enacted in the final stimulus bill, the provision should provide a healthy boost to auto sales.

Members of Congress recognize that our industry played an important role in scrapping a federal Cash for Clunkers program. SEMA thanks all member companies and SAN enthusiasts who donated their time and effort to contact legislators. Your voice helps protect our industry and hobby.
Attached Thumbnails
Thanks to you u.s. Congress rejects  “cash for clunkers” program-crushed.jpg  

hotwheels is offline Submit to Clesto

Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl  
Old 02-11-2009   #2 (permalink)
130Stang

Friends: (14)

02-17-2014 05:31 PM
Time Spent Online: 3 Weeks 1 Day 3 Hours 56 Minutes 35 Seconds
My Album's:
Loadclr's album
My Garage:
Loadclr's Garage

Send a message via AIM to Loadclr Send a message via Yahoo to Loadclr
Re: Thanks to you u.s. Congress rejects “cash for clunkers” program

I got a letter from my Senator thanking my for my concern and that he would keep my concerns close at heart when voting on anything with this issue. FYI, he's a Republican.

Body of an old man; Heart of a teenager

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting"..........holy shit.......what a ride!"

I live with Fear everyday, but sometimes she lets me race............Fear Nothing

Improvise, adapt, overcome

Live in the country whose flag you want to fly!

Loadclr is offline Submit to Clesto

Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl  
Old 02-11-2009   #3 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Friends: (53)

09-25-2013 07:26 PM
Time Spent Online: 2 Weeks 1 Day 22 Hours 22 Minutes 29 Seconds
My Album's:
already7's album

Send a message via Yahoo to already7

That's awesome!
already7 is offline Submit to Clesto

Old 03-01-2009   #4 (permalink)
Stroked and Blown

Friends: (9)

03-07-2015 12:48 AM
Time Spent Online: 5 Days 8 Hours 10 Minutes 49 Seconds
My Album's:
armyed's album
My Garage:
armyed's Garage

Send a message via AIM to armyed Send a message via Skype™ to armyed

Who the hell is yuio712o and why the fuck are you posting some stupid shit like that? Doug I think someone needs the boot..Maybe im overreacting but WTF?

1995 Mustang, Vortech SQ at 15#, Holley Systemax Intake, Edelbrock Vic Jr. Heads, Tremec Tranny Etc Etc Etc.
http://er637383.gotstang.com
armyed is offline Submit to Clesto

Old 03-01-2009   #5 (permalink)
Totally Insane

Friends: (1)

05-28-2010 01:37 PM
Time Spent Online: 2 Days 21 Hours 52 Minutes 20 Seconds
My Album's:
Kendar's album

Quote:
Originally Posted by already7 View Post
That's awesome!
+1

-------- added 0 Minutes and 48 Seconds later --------

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuio712o View Post
Snape raised his eyes to the upside down face. All of the Death Eaters were looking up at the captive now, as though they had been given permission to show curiosity. As she revolved to face the firelight, the woman said in a cracked and terrified voice, "Severus! Help me!""Ah, yes," said Snape as the prisoner turned slowly away again."And you, Draco?" asked Voldemort, stroking the snake's snout with his wand-free hand. Draco shook his head jerkily. Now that the woman had woken, he seemed unable to look at her anymore."But you would not have taken her classes," said Voldemort. "For those of you who do not know, we are joined here tonight by Charity Burbage who, until recently, taught at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry."There were small noises of comprehension around the table. A broad, hunched woman with pointed teeth cackled."Yes \a133 Professor Burbage taught the children of witches and wizards all about Muggles \a133 how they are not so different from us \a133 "One of the Death Eaters spat on the floor. Charity Burbage revolved to face Snape again."Severus \a133 please \a133 please \a133 ""Silence," said Voldemort, with another twitch of Malfoy's wand, and Charity fell silent as if gagged. "Not content with corrupting and polluting the minds of Wizarding children, last week Professor Burbage wrote an impassioned defense of Mudbloods in the \iDaily Prophet\i. Wizards, she says, must accept these thieves of their knowledge and magic. The dwindling of the purebloods is, says Professor Burbage, a most desirable circumstance \a133 She would have us all mate with Muggles \a133 or, no doubt, werewolves \a133 "Nobody laughed this time. There was no mistaking the anger and contempt in Voldemort's voice. For the third time, Charity Burbage revolved to face Snape. Tears were pouring from her eyes into her hair. Snape looked back at her, quite impassive, as she turned slowly away from him again."\iAvada Kedavra"\iThe flash of green light illuminated every corner of the room. Charity fell, with a resounding crash, onto the table below, which trembled and creaked. Several of the Death Eaters leapt back in their chairs. Draco fell out of his onto the floor."Dinner, Nagini," said Voldemort softly, and the great snake swayed and slithered from his shoulders onto the polished wood.Harry led them all back into the kitchen where wow gold, laughing and chattering, they settled on chairs, buy cheap wow dold, sat themselves upon Aunt Petunia's gleaming work surfaces, or leaned up against her spotless appliances; Ron, long and lanky; Hermione wow gold, her bushy hair tied back in a long plait lord of the rings gold; Fred and George, grinning identically; Bill, badly scarred and long-haired; Mr. Weasley, kind-faced, balding, his spectacles a little awry; Mad-Eye, battle-worn, one-legged, his bright blue magical eye whizzing in its socket; Tonks, whose short hair was her favorite shade of bright pink; Lupin, grayer, more lined; Fleur, slender and beautiful, with her long silvery blonde hair; Kingsley, bald and broad-shouldered; Hagrid, with his wild hair and beard WOW Power leveling, standing hunchbacked to avoid hitting his head on the ceiling; and Mundungus Fletcher, small, dirty, and hangdog, with his droopy beady hound's eyes and matted hair. Harry's heart seemed to expand and glow at the sight: Hefelt incredibly fond of all of them, even Mundungus wow gold, whom he had tried to strangle the last time they had met. Harry looking for wow gold at the world...

THIS IS !!!!!

Last edited by Kendar; 03-01-2009 at 06:55 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Kendar is offline Submit to Clesto

Mustangs Insanity > Ford Motor Company News > Ford News