Ford Mustang | Mustangs  
Black Menu Tabs
Go Back   Mustangs Insanity > Ford Motor Company News > Ford News
Home Register Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read History Pictures/Videos Vendors Ford News

Ford News Ford new's from around the Country

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2009   #1 (permalink)
Car Enthusiast

Twitter ID:
insanemustangs
Friends: (418)

04-28-2018 09:44 AM
Time Spent Online: 4 Weeks 11 Hours 40 Minutes 24 Seconds
My Album's:
hotwheels's album

2010 ford ranger: America's most fuel-efficient pickup adds new standard safety tech

The 2010 Ford Ranger, America's most fuel-efficient pickup, comes to market this summer by adding unique standard safety technologies, including Ford's AdvanceTrac® with RSC® – the world's most sophisticated electronic stability control system that helps prevent skidding and rollovers – and combination side air bags.

Industry-exclusive AdvanceTrac with RSC goes a step beyond stability control systems found on competitive models with a gyroscopic roll sensor that determines both the vehicle's body roll angle and roll rate.

If it detects the vehicle is about to roll, the system automatically applies additional countermeasures – such as reducing engine power 15 percent and/or applying brakes to one or more wheels – to enhance vehicle rollover resistance.

The new Ranger's head-and-chest combination side air bags provide enhanced head and torso protection in certain side impacts. The side air bag system is designed to cushion the head, minimizing lateral head injuries in case of collision, in addition to acting as a barrier between the occupant and the side of the vehicle,

"The 2010 Ranger's Roll Stability Control and combination side air bag technologies will help occupants stay out of harm's way," said Steve Kozak, chief engineer of safety systems, Ford Motor Company. "The Ranger has been America's most fuel-efficient pickup, and now it features a combination of safety features not offered in any other small pickup."

In addition, Ranger also provides high levels of safety and security with Ford's Personal Safety System®, Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) and SecuriLock® passive anti-theft system, all included as standard equipment on all models.

Also standard are four-wheel anti-lock brakes, driver- and front-passenger air bags, safety belts with front pretensioners for outboard seating positions and side-intrusion door beams. Ford's front-passenger sensing system helps ensure air bags are not deployed on the passenger side when small children are detected. Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children (LATCH) child-seat mounts are provided in the front-passenger seat on all models.

Further adding value to the Ranger is its class-leading fuel economy and low cost of ownership. With EPA-estimated fuel economy at 21 mpg in the city and 26 mpg on the highway for the 2.3-liter I-4 engine, Ranger is the most fuel-efficient pickup on the market today. Plus its 7,500-mile service intervals for routine maintenance, such as oil changes, help Ranger historically rank among the lowest cost of ownership among all compact pickups.
Attached Thumbnails
2010 ford ranger: America's most fuel-efficient pickup adds new standard safety tech-2010-ford-ranger.jpg  

hotwheels is offline Submit to Clesto

Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl  
Old 02-08-2009   #2 (permalink)
Mustang taste,Pinto money

Friends: (1)

09-29-2015 03:29 PM
Time Spent Online: 5 Days 12 Hours 1 Minute 39 Seconds
Great id love one , Now if i could afford the 26000 price tag that theyve been attatching to them.... Hello??? in 1997 mine was 14,500 out the door. Now you cant even come close to that. Even a rubber matted, painted bumper, steel wheel one seems to be going for mid 17's Geeze.....
96Mystic #226
71hotrodpinto is offline Submit to Clesto

Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl  
Old 02-08-2009   #3 (permalink)
Welcoming Moderator

Friends: (18)

04-21-2015 05:48 PM
Time Spent Online: 2 Weeks 2 Days 6 Hours 4 Minutes 6 Seconds

Send a message via Yahoo to poneyexpress
Re: 2010 ford ranger: America's most fuel-efficient pickup adds new standard safety t

Yeah got my 95 with the 4.0 V6 new for around 11000 .
Tork Tech Intercooled Supercharger Kit ,MOROSO blowby catch can , Fluidyne 2 core radiator, BBK longtube headers W/matching H-pipe, Magnaflow cat back, SCT tunner, MGW shifter,13" Cobra brake up-grade kit, FRPP 3.73 gears, Trick Flow diff cover,SPEC stage 2 clutch , FRPP aluminum drive shaft ,MM castercamber plates , H&R race springs, Bilstein struts and shocks , Maximum Motorsports full length subframe connectors , UPR Pro Street adjustable upper and lower control arms .
poneyexpress is offline Submit to Clesto

Old 02-08-2009   #4 (permalink)
Leader of Men

Friends: (34)

05-14-2017 04:52 AM
Time Spent Online: 2 Weeks 5 Days 22 Hours 16 Minutes 43 Seconds
My Album's:
Intmdtr's album
My Garage:
Intmdtr's Garage

Send a message via MSN to Intmdtr
Re: 2010 ford ranger: America's most fuel-efficient pickup adds new standard safety t

wow in 97 when i bought my 98 f-150 i got it for 32k out the door and could have had a fully loaded ranger 4x4 ext cab for the same price. CAD of course.

"Without Warning, Without Conscience"

"Live life to the fullest, it's not a dress rehearsal"
Intmdtr is offline Submit to Clesto

Old 02-08-2009   #5 (permalink)
Mustang taste,Pinto money

Friends: (1)

09-29-2015 03:29 PM
Time Spent Online: 5 Days 12 Hours 1 Minute 39 Seconds

I must digress though. Sounds to negative. I love the ranger and am glad they are finally improving it!

I just wish they'd Redo it completely and bring it up to the rest of Fords level of cars. I mean how many complete redesigns have the F150 gone through? What at least 3? maybe 4? The ranger is the same basic design since 1992.

Id still buy one in a heartbeat if i could afford the payment and insurance.
STILL better id rather have a 93or ,or 04, or 06 MUSTANG!!!!!!!! instead.

WAHH....
71hotrodpinto is offline Submit to Clesto

Old 02-09-2009   #6 (permalink)
Welcoming Moderator

Friends: (18)

04-21-2015 05:48 PM
Time Spent Online: 2 Weeks 2 Days 6 Hours 4 Minutes 6 Seconds

Send a message via Yahoo to poneyexpress

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71hotrodpinto View Post
Id still buy one in a heartbeat if i could afford the payment and insurance.
Hell yeah i love my lil Ranger . It does everything i need it to do . i can't complain about the quality either . 180,000 miles and all i've ever had to do is change the clutch slave cylinder , and new front brakes.
poneyexpress is offline Submit to Clesto

Mustangs Insanity > Ford Motor Company News > Ford News