Ford Mustang | Mustangs  
Black Menu Tabs
Go Back   Mustangs Insanity > BS Area > BS Room
Home Register Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read History Pictures/Videos Vendors Ford News

BS Room
BS about what ever you want to in here.

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2015   #1 (permalink)
A.K.A red89coupe

Friends: (8)

05-09-2017 03:17 PM
Time Spent Online: 1 Week 2 Days 8 Hours 38 Minutes 50 Seconds
My Album's:
Beernut's album
Finally got moving on the mustang

The mustang virus came back after about 5 yrs in remission lol

Decided it was time to get serious and get a REAL turbo kit, get a new motor, and my new 8.8 rear with 3.27s in it. Then it has just spiraled out control !!!

86k explorer motor, Ported P heads with steeda shaft rockers,valve springs/custom cam and matching ported gt40/explorer lower intake.

B&G Turbo kit. Precision Turbo 44mm gate and PT 76/67 turbo, tail BOV. Had Brian at B&G plumb the gate back into the 3.5 in DP and going to run a 3.5 to Y pipe, and run 2.5 in dynomax cat back with ultra flows and polished tips.

I wanted to clean the motor up before going back in. I just couldnt have a nice engine and turbo kit in a ugly engine bay so off to the body man. sandblasting whole undercarriage and engine bay and doing all body/paint work needed. subframes and possibly roll bar as well while its there. Think Im going to fill in all of the holes in engine bay and hide as much wiring as I can.

Going to be doing a TON of work and taking a bunch of pics. I will post up as I get a chance but not much is gonna happen until the weather breaks a lil lol
Attached Thumbnails
Finally got moving on the mustang-kit.jpg   Finally got moving on the mustang-hood.jpg   Finally got moving on the mustang-bottom.jpg   Finally got moving on the mustang-turbo.jpg  
NEVER do business with Sam Rivera AKA Sam Wilson of Rivera Race Chassis. Paid 2800 to put car together. NO work was done, never gave back my turbo kit. Now I see old adds of my parts being sold on craigslist while car was at his shop.
Beernut is offline Submit to Clesto

Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl  
Old 02-13-2015   #2 (permalink)
Gold Member

Friends: (2)

01-02-2017 04:44 PM
Time Spent Online: 2 Days 7 Hours 57 Minutes 50 Seconds
My Album's:
Demontang's album

Re: Finally got moving on the mustang

Nice.
Demontang is offline Submit to Clesto

Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl  
Old 02-23-2015   #3 (permalink)
Car Enthusiast

Twitter ID:
insanemustangs
Friends: (418)

12-11-2016 01:50 AM
Time Spent Online: 4 Weeks 11 Hours 19 Minutes 49 Seconds
My Album's:
hotwheels's album

wow, great set up......That is about how long i have stepped away from my turbo mustang for now.

hotwheels is offline Submit to Clesto

Old 12-16-2016   #4 (permalink)
A.K.A red89coupe

My Album's:
Beernut's album

So its been a long time and now that Im over it a lil bit I will post what happened and why I took some more time off. Might be the worst luck in a mustang project yet !!

First off... The hatch turned out to be pretty rotted in the frame rails and wanted a better starting point. IF I was starting over I wanted a wild strawberry metallic SSP coupe... So I got ripped off on a coupe roller that was suppose to be a "clean" SSP car paid 2k for a roller with no rust but turned out to have a bad torque box and lots of bondo.

Then.. had a falling out with the painter. After spending 1400 on the gal of paint he says he cant do it cuz the car isnt good enough for that paint. Well you did body work so wtf?. I pick a cheap single stage candy apple red cuz at this point I have 3k cash to painter, 2k roller, 1400 for a gal of paint I wont use and already paid for materials for 2 cars to be prepped for paint and I was over it.

So he sprays it and it turns out like total shit, I get my shell of a car and all the pieces back ... ALL in pieces all painted in shit quality. All the door bolts fender bolts interior bolts come to me in a 5 gal bucket filled with water and rusted to shit. Cant use them to put car back together so Im look to replace.

It gets better.......... Some local guy says he has everything I need and he has a chassis shop. I somehow get talked into giving him the car ALL the parts and paying him 3500 to do a cage and to get back a running car. 1750 down 1750 on pick up. Along the way he is selling me other stuff on the side...5 lug setup with rear disc brake conversion and chrome cobra rims, rear suspension, trans clutch and flywheel. chip and tune.. Over 2k but everything seemed good. He was even going to have a buddy paint my car with my paint in return for sporting his shops sticker for 1yr. Big one in back window.

Then it got weird !! He called asking if I wanted a 331 stroker he had for sale. I said I would think on it, he said he had that and a set of ported big valved GT40 heads at the machine shop. I said I would take the heads and pay to have them flowed while at machine shop. I said give me a day or so on the 331. I had a very busy day line up. Monday Night Football game in Cleveland. He calls me AT the game that night at 1030pm asking and is being sorta pushy so I was like NO Im good on a 331 thanks, got to go Im AT the game.

Then it got BAD.... He calls saying I need to come to shop, shows me the bent up torque box and says..... whole car needs "back halfed" frame rail is bent... Im like I dont want it back halfed, its a street car. So he goes on to show me a half assed back halfed car he did and another roller he can sell me. Im starting to feel very uneasy about everything so I played it best I could. I asked for prices of both back half and the roller took pics of both and said let me see what I can do do but I need them flow numbers.

day or so later I get some BOGUS ass numbers for a flow sheet over the phone via text.I call a buddy who is very well know back home for porting heads, he says Valve sizes that wont even fit in a GT40 head and impossible flow numbers. I knew I was getting screwed but played the . WOW man thats awesome Im so impressed. I will know what I want to do tomorrow meet me at the shop I will give ya some cash and we get this ball rolling card.

Showed up next day with car hauler and a truck and trailer and got what I could. Car was UN TOUCHED work wise and was missing so much.

Missing that I bought and or gave him--- Turbo kit in pics above, AJE K memeber, 1400 in paint, MY 8.8 rear, MY t-5 trans, alum D/S, A9L,

Bait and switch----- T-5z I bought was in fact a 99 v6, Built rear I bought 8.8 was in fact a sn NOT fox and was open diff, Chrome cobras were in fact Tribars,

Missing I paid him for-- Cage, unicorn GT40 heads, 42s, and maf, SCT chip, cowl hood, spec clutch and flywheel, rear upper and lower control arms.

Old 12-16-2016   #5 (permalink)
computer killer

Man that is taking a screwing. Sounds like you need to sue that last guy.

The easiest way to meet him is to trespass.
trueblue02 is offline Submit to Clesto

Old 12-16-2016   #6 (permalink)
Leader of Men

Friends: (34)

05-14-2017 04:52 AM
Time Spent Online: 2 Weeks 5 Days 22 Hours 16 Minutes 43 Seconds
My Album's:
Intmdtr's album
My Garage:
Intmdtr's Garage

Send a message via MSN to Intmdtr

just sounds like you need to find someone really reputable to do the work for you.....

"Without Warning, Without Conscience"

"Live life to the fullest, it's not a dress rehearsal"
Intmdtr is offline Submit to Clesto

Old 12-19-2016   #7 (permalink)
A.K.A red89coupe

My Album's:
Beernut's album

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue02 View Post
Man that is taking a screwing. Sounds like you need to sue that last guy.
I wrote most of it off for not trusting my gut. I had a bad feeling and should have known better. Good lawyer cost more then I lost and cant get nothing if he is broke anyway lol But I did one better.....Turns out he had screwed so many people and way way harder then me but nobody knew where he was due to legally changing his last name. People he stole whole cars from have charges pending but couldnt find him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intmdtr View Post
just sounds like you need to find someone really reputable to do the work for you.....

I should have not been so lazy and just did it myself and been done but live and learn. Now I will do it myself or take it to my buddy in FL. He usually just does mostly port work and a build here and there. He offered to help before I got screwed. Just being 800 miles away, He is BUSY with big name race car stuff like all the time and the fact we disagree on pricing I tried to do it locally. He wouldnt let me pay at all and I want to pay his normal through the front door price.

After the beating I took we came to a mutual agreement lol

Old 12-19-2016   #8 (permalink)
A.K.A red89coupe

My Album's:
Beernut's album

New turbo kit to replace the stolen one. Same kind B&G just a new design. Precision turbo 44mm gate and turbo. Tail BOV . I upgraded to ceramic coating this time.

New PA Racing K memeber to replace the stolen AJE. Must say way way nicer K and A arms with spring perches. sn ball joints for 5 lug spindles.

In some pics the coupe dont look bad but pics dont do it justice. Its truly a 10 ft at night car..... looks great in the rain lol
Attached Thumbnails
Finally got moving on the mustang-b-g-kit.jpgG kit.jpg   Finally got moving on the mustang-pak.jpg   Finally got moving on the mustang-coupe.jpg  

Old 12-22-2016   #9 (permalink)
Gold Member

Friends: (2)

01-02-2017 04:44 PM
Time Spent Online: 2 Days 7 Hours 57 Minutes 50 Seconds
My Album's:
Demontang's album

Damn that sucks. I have a hard time trusting anyone to work on my car.
Demontang is offline Submit to Clesto

Old 03-08-2017   #10 (permalink)
Crazy

Friends: (0)

03-14-2017 01:10 AM
Time Spent Online: 1 Hour 20 Minutes 33 Seconds

What does your car look like now?
spacedancer is offline Submit to Clesto

Mustangs Insanity > BS Area > BS Room