Ford Mustang | Mustangs  
Black Menu Tabs
Go Back   Mustangs Insanity > BS Area > BS Room
Home Register Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read History Pictures/Videos Vendors Ford News

BS Room
BS about what ever you want to in here.

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2012   #21 (permalink)
TireSlayer

Friends: (18)

01-11-2017 12:11 PM
Time Spent Online: 1 Week 6 Days 4 Hours 30 Minutes 2 Seconds
My Album's:
Beast Mode's album

Re: Build Thread

Yea that's what I got thinking about also lol. I'm trading a non ho 5.0 for pistons and rods that are for a 306, 5lug axles, 3.73 gears, and a trans cooler. I already have the front 5lug spindles so now I can install the 5lug swap whenever I want and being the car came with the front 5lug stuff sitting in the floor board. I mite as well go ahead and do the swap now lol.

Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl  
Old 12-08-2012   #22 (permalink)
Car Enthusiast

Twitter ID:
insanemustangs
Friends: (418)

04-28-2018 10:44 AM
Time Spent Online: 4 Weeks 11 Hours 40 Minutes 24 Seconds
My Album's:
hotwheels's album

Damn man, yur gonna have a wicked ride at this pace.

hotwheels is offline Submit to Clesto

Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl  
Old 12-08-2012   #23 (permalink)
TireSlayer

My Album's:
Beast Mode's album

I'm really excited for this build and nomatter what I'm keeping the excitement there nomatter the obstacles I encounter and the pressure of potential failer lol. I'm to driven to give up on it and it's gonna be an awesome exsperiance. I basically saved this car from the crusher as see in my one photo sofar it's not the prettiest thing but when I'm done it's gonna look really good. I'm doing all the work myself including the bodywork and paint. I used to work in a bodyshop out of highschool and I really enjoyed it. One thing that helps me in working on car's and building engines is I'm a perfectionist so I'm not gonna cut corner's on this build. I was thinking about just keeping the 4lug stuff and get 31 spline 4lug axles but I got thinking if I ever did get the rest of the 5lug parts, I will have a broader selection of wheels to go with. I'm missing the drivers side door glass, passenger side door glass, and the rear hatch glass. I also need inside door panels but when the engine is done and the engine and trans are dropped in and the car is running and driving I'm gonna drive it with no inside door panels for awhile. I'm gonna replace the whole interior. Gonna get new interior from latemodelrestoration.
Beast Mode is offline Submit to Clesto

Old 12-09-2012   #25 (permalink)
Car Enthusiast

Twitter ID:
insanemustangs

My Album's:
hotwheels's album

Right on. Late model also has a great price on a complete 5 lug set up for the rear of the stangs.

Old 12-09-2012   #26 (permalink)
TireSlayer

My Album's:
Beast Mode's album

It just so happens I landed a set of 5lug axles and 3.73 gears. A buddy of mine is trading me the 306 pistons and rods, 5lug axles, 3.73 gears, and a trans cooler so I now have all the 5lug parts lol. I will get pic as soon as I can lol.

Old 12-10-2012   #27 (permalink)
TireSlayer

My Album's:
Beast Mode's album

Well being my paint is undecided at this point and my car will be in primer for awhile anyways I have a new name for the project. It's Project "Off The Chain Insane" also here is a pic of the pistons and rods I picked up yesturday from a buddy of mine. The pistons came out of the engine I had freshly rebuilt and bored 30 over when I was a junior in highschool. It was in my 79 Capri I had and I sold the car to my buddy and he wrecked it the third day he had it. The engine barely has over 100 miles on it. He tore the engine down to make sure there was no damage to the block and he took the pistons out and saved them. They are dirty now but I will clean them up and show a pic of what they look like clean lol.

Last edited by Beast Mode; 12-10-2012 at 06:53 PM..

Old 12-15-2012   #28 (permalink)
Car Enthusiast

Twitter ID:
insanemustangs

My Album's:
hotwheels's album

Hell yea. Love the name and dem pistons are gonna be sweet

Old 01-03-2013   #29 (permalink)
TireSlayer

My Album's:
Beast Mode's album

Well here is a little update on my build. I got some exciting new's this evening a buddy of mine txt me and asked how much 302 stuff I had and if I would be interested in building a 351. I said yea maybe why? He responded with well I dropped my 351 block off at the machine shop and he decided to do a 408 stroker build. He is gonna sell me forged Probe pistons, badass rod's, factory crank, and a Edelbrock Victor Jr intake, for $500 that is my price for only me. He also now's where I can get a 351 block fresh from the machine shop for $300 it's bored .030 over and would be a good block so I'm gonna do it. I guess the project name "Off The Chain Insane" is a perfect name lol. All the parts he has are all good and barely used. It's just a good deal I just can't pass up on I just wanted to give a little update on my build.

Last edited by Beast Mode; 01-03-2013 at 11:05 PM..

Old 01-15-2013   #30 (permalink)
TireSlayer

My Album's:
Beast Mode's album

Here is another little change and an awesome deal I once again fell into lol. I was gonna get the bare block that I mentioned about in my previous post but my buddy did some trading this past weekend and he got me a 351W shortblock. Here is what it is it's a nice Windsor roller short block with a brand new never run but installed lunati 51025 cam. Miles are unknown but cylinder walls look good as does the bottom side of the engine. It has dished pistons in it and the lifters and spider are all intact. The guy was selling it for 600 my buddy traded the guy out of it and my buddy wants 500 for it from me. It's a very good deal to pass up so I'm getting a really nice 351w shortblock here are some pic's of the engine.

Mustangs Insanity > BS Area > BS Room