Ford Mustang | Mustangs  
Black Menu Tabs
Go Back   Mustangs Insanity > BS Area > BS Room
Home Register Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read History Pictures/Videos Vendors Ford News

BS Room
BS about what ever you want to in here.

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2010   #11 (permalink)
Raptor 6.2

Friends: (25)

12-07-2013 03:00 PM
Time Spent Online: 1 Week 2 Days 12 Hours 48 Minutes 27 Seconds
My Album's:
bobbys97R's album

Re: Any AF PME instructors or commandants here? Experience????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave R View Post
Looking at Feltwell, it's pretty small. I don't see much of a military presence on google earth. London actually looks to bearound 100 miles away but I may be wrong.

I'm going to call the guy I'd be replacing tomorrow and see what he thinks of the place.
yeah there are very few people there I heard the base comander is an 0-3. Yeah london is about 60 miles from my house so it would be close to 100 miles from feltwell, I live in Newmarket. The summers here are great alot like seattle not too hot and not too cold. The winters to you will be cake it gets cold but there is NO wind compared to Cheyenne, but it rains alot not alot of inches just like all the time in the winter; It rained like twice last summer. Theres a ton of race tracks here too some even fairly close that you can watch F1 racing. About the housing the farther you get away from the bases the bigger the houses get I live about 12 miles away and my house is 1900 Sq Ft. All my stuff fit fine but if you dont want to drive you may have problems with your larger furniture.

the closest race track to us here. I think its like 30 miles away
http://www.motorsportvision.co.uk/snetterton/

Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl  
Old 02-25-2010   #12 (permalink)
Brewmaster

Friends: (8)

09-29-2018 10:25 AM
Time Spent Online: 1 Week 6 Days 7 Hours 40 Minutes 27 Seconds
My Album's:
Dave R's album
My Garage:
Dave R's Garage

Are the 3 bases there combined into one with space between them? I know they have 1 aafees for all of them. Is it the same for the hospital and commissary?

Looks like alot of castles to visit as well as all of London.

If my nuts feel better tomorrow, I'll head into work and E-mail the guy as well as click submit.

Is there rentals there or do you have to buy a house? I read that cost of living was high there too.
Dave R is offline Submit to Clesto

Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl  
Old 02-25-2010   #13 (permalink)
Raptor 6.2

My Album's:
bobbys97R's album

Quote:
Are the 3 bases there combined into one with space between them? I know they have 1 aafees for all of them. Is it the same for the hospital and commissary?

Looks like alot of castles to visit as well as all of London.

If my nuts feel better tomorrow, I'll head into work and E-mail the guy as well as click submit.

Is there rentals there or do you have to buy a house? I read that cost of living was high there too.

The BX's are messed up here on mildenhall we have a 24 hour shopette. We also have like what a BXtra should have like toys,tools,garden stuff and sporting good type of things. On Lakenheath The BX has clothes, power zone, school supplys, andlike kitchen stuff. On Feltwell they have a furniture and thats all from what Ive heard. We have a tiny commissary on mildenhall, but the main big one is on lakenheath. Yes you can rent a house here they pay you in pounds for your rent and monthly utility allowance. So for a house you get 1250 GBP no matter what the exchange rate is and 411 GBP for utiltiies; Which equals out to be $2028 for the house and $611 for the Utilities for this month. The cost of living here is high but so are my pay.
There a cool Showtime series out right now called the Tudors it show and talks about some of the castles Ive been too. In fact Framlingham castle is where Marry Tudor raised an army to take the crown she later became known as Blood Marry Thats one of my favorite castles.
bobbys97R is offline Submit to Clesto

Old 02-25-2010   #14 (permalink)
Brewmaster

My Album's:
Dave R's album
My Garage:
Dave R's Garage

Thanks for upping my excitement just that much more.

Is that 1250 and 411 based on rank or is it a flat rate period?

Old 02-25-2010   #15 (permalink)
Raptor 6.2

My Album's:
bobbys97R's album

Quote:
Thanks for upping my excitement just that much more.

Is that 1250 and 411 based on rank or is it a flat rate period?
rank and you get that every month but in dollars.

Here is a great site to look up cola and OHA (over sea housing)

http://www.defensetravel.dod.mil/perdiem/

Old 02-25-2010   #16 (permalink)
Raptor 6.2

My Album's:
bobbys97R's album

here a good site for exchange rates
http://www.xe.com/

Old 02-25-2010   #17 (permalink)
Brewmaster

My Album's:
Dave R's album
My Garage:
Dave R's Garage

The calculator gives me the same numbers based off my dependent level and rank. Comes out to $2028 and $666 and then there's the Move In Housing Allowance (whatever that is) of $391.

If the GBP and PCM are the same, then I can get some pretty good houses right there in Feltwell!!! I'm finding some nice places.

That's pretty cool!!!

-------- added 1 Minutes and 46 Seconds later --------

Houses for rent there are listed by PCM and have a wierd shaped L with a line in it, just before the numbers. I'm taking it that's pounds since it's the local currency.

Last edited by Dave R; 02-25-2010 at 10:56 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Old 02-25-2010   #18 (permalink)
Raptor 6.2

My Album's:
bobbys97R's album

Quote:
The calculator gives me the same numbers based off my dependent level and rank. Comes out to $2028 and $666 and then there's the Move In Housing Allowance (whatever that is) of $391.

If the GBP and PCM are the same, then I can get some pretty good houses right there in Feltwell!!! I'm finding some nice places.

That's pretty cool!!!

-------- added 1 Minutes and 46 Seconds later --------

Houses for rent there are listed by PCM and have a wierd shaped L with a line in it, just before the numbers. I'm taking it that's pounds since it's the local currency.
right on feltwell is way out in the country and most people dont like diving more than a mile here. People here think Im out of my head for living in Newmarket. SO the housing prices might be lower there. The 391 is your MIHA (said ME-HA) its a one time shot and dosent cover moving in a house here. Seriously come here with at least 4K for deposit and just the little things you need. Also Liberty Village is housing on Lakenheath is flipping NICE! Im on the list but am still way down. If you check out my facebook you can see pics of my casa and pics of a few castles Ive been too

-------- added 4 Minutes and 43 Seconds later --------

The PCM just mean like per month or some shit its all in pounds I would just look at your cap or above because you only get as much as your house is . Its not like the states you can get a house for 200 bucks and keep the rest here you either spend it or loose it.

Last edited by bobbys97R; 02-25-2010 at 11:17 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Old 02-25-2010   #19 (permalink)
Raptor 6.2

My Album's:
bobbys97R's album

OK I have to tell you that these bases are out in the middle of the sticks. I dont mind it so much but most might. Also they have alot of stupid laws over here and they try to make it sound like anything you do you will go to jail but thats not true at all the cops dont do shit over here. Their driving is terrible they have this thing with not letting you pass in the slow lane if you try they will stright cut you off hard. Oh and the way they let you know they want to pass is they get about six inches from your ass. It dosent matter if the other lane is clear they will not pass in the slow lane. Oh and they love round-abouts holy shit on the way to castle rising there is like 40 (it only like 60 miles away) of them they make alot of people car sick. Oh and motor cycles over here do follow any laws. They will pass into on comming traffic its. They all think they are some sort of damn racecar drivers they have sticker all over there bikes and wear the full leather suites. Oh and there is no I mean NO good food here at all and also nothing that resembles a walmart. Oh and the raods around the base were actually built during Roman times this in not a joke they bend and turn for no reason other than there might have been a big ass tree there 2000 years ago LOL well I thought Id let you in on some of the things I dont like.

Old 02-25-2010   #20 (permalink)
Brewmaster

My Album's:
Dave R's album
My Garage:
Dave R's Garage

Do you go to London at all?

Mustangs Insanity > BS Area > BS Room