Ford Mustang | Mustangs  
Black Menu Tabs
Go Back   Mustangs Insanity > BS Area > BS Room
Home Register Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read History Pictures/Videos Vendors Ford News

BS Room
BS about what ever you want to in here.

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2009   #1 (permalink)
SCIENCE DAMN YOU!!!

Friends: (2)

01-11-2014 09:11 PM
Time Spent Online: 1 Day 20 Hours 21 Minutes 54 Seconds
My Album's:
JROC's album
My Garage:
JROC's Garage

Was this a good factory sound system

Just when you think you know about everything Mustangs, you learn something new as basic as a factory sound system.

Does anyone have any experiance with a Mach 1000 sound system? It looks like it was pretty badass for a factory Mustang system introduce 7 years ago.

Ofcourse I'm sure you can do better with the aftermarket, but I'm just curious about this as it was a factory option I didn't know about. The article says that you couldn't get it on the Mach 1's, and I think the only options for the Terminators were coupe/vert, color, suede insert color, rear spoiler delete, and chrome wheels so I don't think it was an option for the Cobras either.

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/fea...all/index.html

Born: 9/2/02
# 2512 of 8394

Mods:
Magnaflow Catback, MAC Prochamber, Steeda Tri-Ax, K&N FIPK, 2.93" upper pulley, MM FLSFC, MM K-Member Brace, MM Coilovers, Complete Delrin and Aluminum IRS Bushings, Billetflow IRS Brace, etc.

IROC FTW!
JROC is offline Submit to Clesto

Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl  
Old 06-25-2009   #2 (permalink)
Finally Back Home!!

Friends: (11)

06-21-2013 03:05 PM
Time Spent Online: 1 Week 2 Days 22 Hours 47 Minutes 45 Seconds
My Album's:
einehund's album

Re: Was this a good factory sound system

the Mach 1000 was an upgrade to the Mach 460. the only difference was the Sub in the trunk and the assorted amps to power the sub. the head units of the 460 and 1000 are the same, with options on both of them. I have the 460 in my 02 GT and it really is a fairly nice system from the factory. the only issues i've had, were i blew out my passenger door speaker, but that was fixed with some gorrilla glue (i'm not joking) and my head unit is really starting to fuck up and it doesn't like to change discs (it is a 6 disc in dash changer). I'm actually looking for a new Mach head unit because I do like the system, just that changing cd's for 7 years makes the head unit get old.

2002 Mustang GT sold
2010 GT500!!
einehund is offline Submit to Clesto

Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl  
Old 06-25-2009   #3 (permalink)
SCIENCE DAMN YOU!!!

My Album's:
JROC's album
My Garage:
JROC's Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by einehund View Post
I'm actually looking for a new Mach head unit because I do like the system, just that changing cd's for 7 years makes the head unit get old.
I just spent $125 on a used one. My factory won't eject CD's without digging them out with something, and that in turn caused my hand to crack up the clear plastic cover pretty bad. The factory 6-disc CD changer has bad problems breaking.

Old 06-25-2009   #4 (permalink)
Finally Back Home!!

My Album's:
einehund's album

LMAO!!! you must get it to change cd's the way I do!!!! just punch it in the middle of the face and it usually works! HAHAHAHA. I found a brand new 6 disc changer but the guy wanted $200 for it and i thought that was a little high. i found a Kenwood double din head unit that has an ipod hook up for 200 on crutchfield. not sure what i'm going to do. I did find a site that shows how to hook an ipod up to the Mach head unit by doing some shit to the wireing harness head, but i can't find it now.

Old 06-25-2009   #5 (permalink)
Gold Member

Friends: (3)

10-01-2013 10:29 AM
Time Spent Online: 1 Day 3 Hours 14 Minutes 7 Seconds
My Album's:
WyoCobra's album

The Mach 1000 was available in the '03/'04 Cobras. From what other people have told me, it isn't a big improvement over the regular Mach system. I've never personally heard one, though.
WyoCobra is offline Submit to Clesto

Old 06-25-2009   #6 (permalink)
SCIENCE DAMN YOU!!!

My Album's:
JROC's album
My Garage:
JROC's Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by einehund View Post
LMAO!!! you must get it to change cd's the way I do!!!! just punch it in the middle of the face and it usually works! HAHAHAHA. I found a brand new 6 disc changer but the guy wanted $200 for it and i thought that was a little high. i found a Kenwood double din head unit that has an ipod hook up for 200 on crutchfield. not sure what i'm going to do. I did find a site that shows how to hook an ipod up to the Mach head unit by doing some shit to the wireing harness head, but i can't find it now.
Oh hell yeah, so you know the trick also. My CD changer got worse and the trick quit working for me though. To get my CD's out I had to do "Eject CD," and when the CD door opens I had to put a knife in there and over the top of the CD and pull it down. Apparently why the quit ejecting is they get hung up on a lip on top of the slot were they eject from. If you stick something in there and pull them down they will come out.

I would get you intouch with the guy I bought mine from, as he had like 5 or 6 in this style that are working, but I got a 2 week ban from svtp the other day.

The two main reasons I'm against aftermarket head units is:

A) You can have the biggest hooptie Mustang, and have it parked next to a GT500, and people will steal the Hooptie before the GT500 if it has a aftermarket head unit, and the GT500 has a factory one. People just steel cars with aftermarket head units.

B) It aways seemed to me that when you replaced the factory head unit with an aftermarket one that it never sounded near so good until you put a separate amp in the car to power the mids and highs with. I'm sure the factory unit must put out more amps than a aftermarket one.

Last edited by JROC; 06-25-2009 at 08:09 PM..

Old 06-25-2009   #7 (permalink)
SCIENCE DAMN YOU!!!

My Album's:
JROC's album
My Garage:
JROC's Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoCobra View Post
The Mach 1000 was available in the '03/'04 Cobras. From what other people have told me, it isn't a big improvement over the regular Mach system. I've never personally heard one, though.
Really, I've never seen one. I might ask if anyone has one when I get back on svtp.

Old 06-25-2009   #8 (permalink)
Finally Back Home!!

My Album's:
einehund's album

i know the 1000 wasn't available for any 02 models, only the 460 that i got, but i think the 1000 was an upgrade option for the 03-04 and it didn't matter if it was a cobra or not. the only thing different was the position of the amp rack in convertables. Me personally, I like my 460 other than the not ejecting CD's... i don't listen to alot of bass oriented songs, so the 1000 is just extra weight, IMHO. yeah, i'm still looking for a new 460 head unit, but i'm not in a rush to get it. I do agree with you that the aftermarket head units suck unless you spend an arm and a leg. for the money, the mach is the best i've heard.

Mustangs Insanity > BS Area > BS Room