Ford Mustang | Mustangs  
Black Menu Tabs
Go Back   Mustangs Insanity > BS Area > BS Room
Home Register Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read History Pictures/Videos Vendors Ford News

BS Room
BS about what ever you want to in here.

Bookmark and Share LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2008   1 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)
Car Enthusiast

Twitter ID:
insanemustangs
Friends: (418)

04-28-2018 09:44 AM
Time Spent Online: 4 Weeks 11 Hours 40 Minutes 24 Seconds
My Album's:
hotwheels's album

High point Motor Speedway

I recieved more information on the speedway, and it is a 1/4 mile track. Right now, it is still in the planning phase and they need a commitment from some of the racer's we have in the area. (This post is in addition to this post: New Dragstrip in Kimball, Nebraska (Drag Race track coming to Kimball Nebraska)).

One of the main things they are looking for from us, is to fill out the attached form and either send it to them by u.s. mail or email it to them. The Address for either, mail or email is located on the form. So, if you are interested in possibly racing at a new track, please take a few minutes to fill out the form and send it in to them. The more people that send in the forms, will show any investor of the track that people are interested in the track, and they will be more willing to help with funding.

They too are looking for large and small investors and have several stock options available if you are interested in helping with money to build the track:
"We are currently seeking corporate and private investors to raise funds for the dragstrip and facilities. Among other activities currently underway or planned:

* Stock sales (ongoing):
Preferred Stock is $500.00 each and comes with certain privileges such as; voting rights and serving on the Board of Directors.

Common Stock is $50.00 each and is for the racing enthusiast who wants to help support this exciting new track.

* Governmental grants and loans as appropriate.

* Corporate investments

* Ongoing fund raising and public awareness activities: Christmas parade, Memorial day car show, trade show representation, fundraising dinners, and other opportunities as they become available.

For a prospectus and more information, please contact any of us by phone, email or mail. "

Please, if you are interested in a new track in the wyoming, colorado, nebraska area, fill out the attached form an email it to the speedway council.

Link to thier site: High Point Motor Speedway

Thanks, doug (hotwheels)

Oh, best way to work with the form if you want to email it: right click on the attachment and click "save target as" and save it. Now go into your computer where the document is saved, and open it. Fill out the required information and then at the top left of the page, click file and save. Then, if you send it via email, insert it by clicking "insert" at the top of your mail page, and then click "file Attachment", type a brief message and send the page to info@highpointmotorspeedway.com

If you have any questions on sending it via email, please ask. If you aren't comfortable with doing this via email, just print the form and mail it to:
HPMS, Inc., P.O. Box 639, Kimball, NE 69145
Attached Files
File Type: txt highpoint1.txt (2.6 KB, 4 views)

hotwheels is offline Submit to Clesto

Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl  
Old 05-06-2008   #2 (permalink)
Car Enthusiast

Twitter ID:
insanemustangs

My Album's:
hotwheels's album

Email response from High Point Motor Speedway

Hello Doug,

Karla here. I thought I would drop you some more information about the direction we're headed. Depending on which santioning body we go with, NHRA or IHRA, we plan to run all the sportsman classes: super pro, pro, sportsman/street, high school, JR dragster. We also hope to run the comp classes a couple of times a year and maybe get a divisional event.

You may have noticed the blue/red schedule. That is so that, if you can't run every event, you don't lose out on the points chase at the track, or in the competition to represent the track at bracket nationals: You compete on your schedule and the "best" of the blue and the "best" of the red would race off for the track champions. All of the details will be determined by the voting members of the Corp (all preferred stock holders).

Although I'm one of the few female racers, I know there are alot of wives and girlfriends out there who would like to help and I would like them to know that I would greatly appreciate any support they could offer. So if you know any women that might want to help, tell them to email me here. I have alot of great ideas for fundraising, but I need help to get them organized.

I can't say often enough that racer support (physically, financially) is SO critical at this point. We need to find major funding for this and the only way to do that is for each racer to buy shares as they can and talk it up to everyone. You never know when someone with deep pockets picks up on the excitement that goes with this and can't wait to fund it!

In the meantime, we will continue with open house meetings around the area and fund-raising events. We need help with all of this by means of money, item donations (for auctions or drawings), and your time. We are a small group right now and need to form some committees to work all the projects that should be worked.

We have a location for the Cheyenne Open House at this point; a date should be set shortly. I will add your email to our list so that you are kept updated!

Thanks again for your interest!
Karla Westerfield high point motor speedway

Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl  
Old 05-06-2008   #3 (permalink)

Friends: (3)

12-20-2016 02:47 PM
Time Spent Online: 3 Days 7 Hours 22 Minutes 29 Seconds
Not to sound negative, but every year down here in the 'Springs, someone is building a track. They are always looking for investors, land, permits, commitment, ect. Every year nothing comes of it. Currently the are 3 proposed road race tracks attempting to be built. They are trying to sell memberships starting a 20,000.00 and then yearly dues, and they haven't even broke ground on the property. Personnally, I not giving anyone a dime on a dream.

I have a firm belief "if you build it, they will come", as long as it is accessable and affordable. I won't commit to racing in Nebraska because I live right between PMI and Bandimere.

I am curious does this new track have he land acquired? How much is the proposed budget to build this idea? Obviously they are looking for investors, how much money have they acquired? Is there enough racers in the area to support the track?
J&SPolishing is offline Submit to Clesto

Old 05-06-2008   #4 (permalink)
Gold Member

Friends: (6)

02-02-2015 04:45 PM
Time Spent Online: 7 Hours 31 Minutes 27 Seconds
My Album's:
LT1LT1's album
Wish they would build a track in Laramie Wyoming. We have Wyo Tech and the University of Wyoming which has lots of kids willing to spend money to go racing. Wyo Tech gets new kids every 3 months or so and ofcourse the University of Wyoming has thousands of kids. I am sure Wyoming Tech would pich in big money if someone would build a track here? It would probably be the highest track in the country 7220ft which is bad for et's but could be good for advertising?

Last edited by LT1LT1; 05-06-2008 at 01:05 PM..
LT1LT1 is offline Submit to Clesto

Old 05-06-2008   #5 (permalink)
I need a Beer

Friends: (4)

01-09-2015 08:11 AM
Time Spent Online: 2 Days 17 Hours 8 Minutes 25 Seconds
My Album's:
Gtconv91's album

1/4 mile, 4000' total built to top fuel spec's.

1/2 section of land
320 Ac 1mile X 1/2Mile

Old 05-06-2008   #6 (permalink)
Car Enthusiast

Twitter ID:
insanemustangs

My Album's:
hotwheels's album

Quote:
Originally Posted by J&SPolishing View Post
I am curious does this new track have he land acquired? How much is the proposed budget to build this idea? Obviously they are looking for investors, how much money have they acquired? Is there enough racers in the area to support the track?

I sent them an email address with the questions you posted and here are their responses:

1. Yes, we have a section on a long term lease (50 years). If the owner decides to sell, it must be sold with our contract intact and we have the right of first refusal.

2. $2.1 million: 1.6 million for the strip, shut down and 1 return road, $500,000 for everything else.

3. Not much yet: $7,000.00 is all.

I will get some more information tonight or tomorrow.....

Mustangs Insanity > BS Area > BS Room